CLEVELAND, Ohio — The annual Cleveland’s Finest Hors D’oeuvres competition, to benefit Our Lady of the Wayside is set for 6-9 p.m. Thursday at the Terrace Club at Progressive Field.
Every year, chefs representing a range of Northeast Ohio restaurants trot out their best appetizers to woo the crowd – and try for top prize in a judged contest.
This year’s competitors include…
- Barrio (Chef Damon Ginnard)
– Carrie Cerino’s Ristorante (Chef Jim Bartko)
– The Clifton and Tree House Gallery (Chef Genevieve Larson)
- Corleone’s Ristorante and Bar (Chef Marlon Mayorga)
– Hodges (Chef Chris Hodgson)
- Horseshoe Casino The Spread Buffet (Chef Mike Miller)
– Spice Kitchen & Bar (Chef Ben Bebenroth)
- Progressive Field/Delaware North Companies (Chef Bill Conn)
- Tartine Bistro (Chef Chris Monjot)
– The Woods Restaurant (Chef Salvatore Grillo)
- Zack Bruell Restaurant Group (Chef Zack Bruell).
This year’s event takes over the Terrace Club. Admission – $80 per person – includes two floors of beer samplings provided by Mill St. Brewery and wine selections from Tom Gore Vineyards. Dessert creations will be presented by Becker’s Bakery and Wasted Bakery.
In addition to grazing, the evening – this year, hosted by “New 102″ FM’s Desiray Cross, Jen Toohey and Tim Richards – will include entertainment by singer-songwriter Nate Jones and acoustic music by Rick De Witt of the Half Naked Monkeys.
A Chinese raffle, 50/50 raffle and silent auction are also on the agenda.
The event supports Our Lady of the Wayside, a not-for-profit organization based in Avon, which provides residential, respite, transportation and adult day programming services for over 600 children and adults with developmental disabilities. The agency manages nearly 70 homes in over 30 communities throughout Cuyahoga, Lake, Lorain and Medina counties.
CLEVELAND’S FINEST HORS D’OEUVRE CONTEST: From 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday at The Terrace Club at Progressive Field, 2401 Ontario St., Cleveland. Tickets for the event are $80, and include parking. For additional information and tickets, visit thewayside.org